Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Diary of a Retail Slave... Part 4 7/8

It's October!! Do you know what that means? It means we have to rush through every fucking holiday quickly that by the time Halloween comes we'll have Christmas Trees up in department stores! Weeee!! Store are probably finishing up whatever marketing strategy for Halloween and Thanksgiving right about now...ish and are currently working on Christmas. It's another year for new all time lows in sales. Why? Because our president sucks! Because our economy is fucking terrible! *sighs* (I have no idea how to fix the economy, but if I had a clue, I would cut taxes to small businesses and then Laissez-faire...)


Retail has many wonderful holidays... This is totally far from the truth. Retail ruins holidays for me. I hate Christmas music because of the shitty music that they play to try to jazz you up and get you into the holiday spirits. I mean, what happen to listening to Bing Crosby...and whoever else... I mean I don't need Bing Crosby all techno-ed up and listen to a terrible version White Christmas. I don't need to hear Everclear sing Santa Baby (I actually don't need to hear that song over again) I actually don't need to hear 12 song played 30 different ways by today's greatest Hip Hop and R&B artist's either. They all sound fucking terrible.

Yes, this was once a song played during Christmas

I hate having to say "Happy Holidays." In fact, I flat out don't. I'm Catholic and I will wish everyone (Jewish, Kwanza type people, Arabs and what ever they do, etc...) a Merry Fucking Christmas. If you don't follow that religion, whatever, wish me a... Merry or happy "what ever the fuck you celebrate."

Recently, I worked Columbus Day Weekend. Thankfully, I didn't have to work on the holiday itself, but I did work the entire weekend. It sucked, but manly due towards the incompetent workers I apparently hang out with and not work with... It was a Sunday morning. I was groggy and pissed off at the manager on duty. The registers were acting up and a middle age man with a cowboy hat comes up to me and shows me two pairs of dress pants. One is priced $60 and the other is priced $76. They were the same pair of pants and the gentleman asked, why are they different prices. So, I explained to him, at one point they were 60 bucks and the prices went up. Some of the pants apparently didn't get the new prices. The man cuts me off mid explanation and starts getting all conspiracy theorists on me about us raising the prices and marking them down and how that it is a bad business practice and demanded that I have to give it to him at the $60 price. And then he pulls the "customer is always right" bullshit. First off, rude. I wouldn't cut you off if you were speaking. Secondly, it's not a bad business practice, it's the price of inflation. Also, it's a giant ass corporation, they don't give two shits about you... Lastly, I don't have to shit for you. Technically, you fuck, the pants were given a price. One might have been right and the other wrong, but that fact they had a price on them, technically means, I sell them to you at the ticketed price. Now, maybe if you were being a dumb fuck, I would have cracked a stupid joke, we'd laugh awkwardly, and I would have just given it to you for whatever and we could have gone about our day normally. Instead, you pissed me off, allowed me to get pissed off even more at you and then be "difficult" with you.

I work a minimum wage job. I don't have any true obligations if you don't buy something. I won't get a special bonus at the end of the year, I won't get a little prize if I sell you something (However, I did recently get a certificate for 5 years of dedicated service and a brand new bike. For the win.). So again, I cannot stress how, I don't have to do shit for you. There is no need to walk all over me, because you have a nice pension plan and I have the rest of my life to look forward too.

I hope he drops spaghetti sauce on is pants...

No comments:

Post a Comment